Today I bring you something a little special. I have been wanting to create something like this ever since I saw Crissy Armstrong’s gorgeous carousel horses.
I have spent a couple of months thinking about the design and how I would design the mechanics to make it work the way I anticipated and after a number of failed attempts I can now share with you my ‘Mechanical Carousel Horse” made from cardstock and a popcycle stick, hehehe.
I plan to write up the instructions for the template I have designed and will be offering it for sale on my site in the future. In the meantime, I hope this inspires you to think outside the box.
This idea was hurried along as I would love to be a part of Crissy’s new design team.
Scroll to the bottom to watch a video of the carousel horse working.
It does turn smoothly, I was just being awkward. Also I am sorry about the lighting, the phase was out of sync with the camera.
I would like to share this project with the following sites:
- The Pink Elephant – (M) Pastels
- Papercraft Weekly – (T) Open Challenge
- A Spoon Full of Sugar – (T) Shaped cards (hmmm wonder if this counts?)
- Tuesday Taggers – (T) – Bugs (I have butterflies)
- Crafty Creations – (W) Anything Goes
- Lil red wagon – (W) Spring (Flowers, butterflies… )
- Charisma Cardz – (Th) Animal Magic
- Colour Create – (Th) Your choice of pastels
- Stamp Something – (F) Pink Somethings
- Pile it On – (S) Animal-riffic
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Wish me luck in my quest to join Crissy’s Design Team. 🙂
Hugs to all. Have a Happy Easter.