This week’s challenge over at Humble Pie is ‘Love is in the Air‘ which would come as no surprise considering Valentines Day is just around the corner.
All the people who entered the flowery challenge last week received a surprise in their email – A digi of the newest Humble Pie character ‘Angel Maggie’. See what I created with her here. We would love to see your creative juices using Angel Maggie, but of course not a requirement to join in the humble fun!
This week the winner will receive the cute little Dusty stamp. For details check out Humble Pie. We look forward to seeing what you come up with this week!
The inspiration for my valentines card…
My inspiration this week came from memories of being in love as a teenager. I don’t know about you but friends and I would doodle all over our school diaries about our latest love and collect any momentos we had received, found or even snipped! (I remember even saving a lolly wrapper from one boy I ‘loved’). hehehe
I began with the ‘Maggie in Love’ stamp – exclusively available from The Town Scrapper – which I made 4 prints. I worked out which areas of the stamp I wanted to project and coloured those areas all the same with copic markers. I then cut all the sections out and using silicone and the papertole technique I created the depth I was after which you can see better in this close up image.
Then I designed up a pattern I wanted to use for the background on the computer and printed it out to use as my template to cut the different patterened papers. I have used October Afternoon – Sleep Tight & Pat-a-cake, My Minds Eye – Bloom & Grow collection and Just dreaming collection.
I stuck all the pieces to another sheet of card and then using stranded cotton added the stitching.
I stamped and doodled loving things as I would in my diaries and added little bits of ribbons and the button as cute momentos.
I drew the clouds on the paisely paper by My Minds Eye, inked the edges and added the eyelets as a decorative touch.
Finally, I added a cluster of ribbon and charm to represent snippets of hair I had taped to pages in photo albums. I am sure you are all going to think I was crazy now!! lol I probably am.
Must admit it’s rather funny looking back through some of the diaries I kept from those years.
There are many challenges using similar themes this week:
- Lexi’s Creations – Valentines
- Creative Card Crew – Valentines
- Lili of the Valley – Valentines
- Stampin for the weekend – Valentines
- Paper Play Challenges – Love Notes
- Stamp Something – Love Somethings
- Papertake Weekly – Love Actually
- Sophisticats Challenge – Love
- By the Cute and Girly – Love (got your name right this time girls! sorry)
- C.R.A.F.T. – Love / Valentine
- Charisma Cardz – I love you
- Inky Impressions – Charms
- The Pink Elephant – Pink (Ellas Birthday – Congrats girls!)
- Cute Card Thursday – Spots and Dots (have used spotty and dotty pp)
- One Stop Craft Challenge – Make it personal (I think this fits in with my memories of collecting keepsakes of past boyfriends)
So after reading my inspiration for this card, did I manage to get you thinking back to your first little crushes?
Did you doodle all over your books and keep little momentos? Would love to hear that we were not the only ones!
Hope you are having a gorgeous weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.